If you want to feel the same experience of watching movies in a theatre in the comfort of your home, you need a large TV screen. Keeping this demand from Indian consumers in mind, Indian TV brands have come up with 50-inch TVs that will meet your need for a bigger and wider screen.
When you are about to purchase a large TV, you should pick from the best brands so that your money is well spent. We have compiled a list of the best 50-inch TVs in India for your consideration. We have also summarized the essential parameters to watch out for when purchasing a 50-inch TV in India.
These Are The Best 50 Inch TVs in India for 2023
Below are the best 50 inch TV in India selected based on screen resolution, sound quality, connectivity options, display type, warranty, and smart features.
1. Sony Bravia 50 inches 4K Smart LED TV
Sony’s Bravia series has the best collection of TVs in terms of picture and sound quality. This Sony Bravia 50-inch TV has 4K HDR resolution and an LED screen for the ultimate picture quality.
It sports a 60 Hz refresh rate for a smooth viewing experience during intense action scenes. Besides, you get a 178-degree wide angle for better viewing from the sides. Coming to the sound section, the TV sports 20W output sound with Dolby audio support.
The open baffle speaker produces a crystal-clear sound. Since it belongs to the smart TV category, you get Google TV and Google Play. Besides, all the popular video streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are compatible. For Indian consumers, Hotstar, Zee5, Voot, SonyLiv and many more are available.
The TV is compatible with Alexa’s voice search as well as Chromecast. Additionally, it supports Apple AirPlay and Apple Homekit. You get 3 HDMI and 2 USB ports for connecting different compatible devices. Sony provides one year warranty on the TV with an easy return option.
- Sony is a renowned brand with fast installation and after-sales service.
- It has stunning picture quality with a powerful X1 4K processor.
- It delivers excellent sound clarity for movies, music, and sports.
- You can access a wide range of video streaming apps for unlimited content.
- The pricing is on the higher side in comparison to other brands.
- The remote has too many functional buttons to understand.
Also read – Best LED TV in India
2. Acer 50 inches I Series 4K Android Smart LED TV
Acer is a renowned TV brand that is particularly popular in the budget TV segment. In this 50-inch TV, the company has paid equal attention to the display and sound department. It is a 4K UHD TV with a 60 Hz refresh rate, a standard for 50-inch TVs in the market.
You get the standard 178-degree wide angle. The Android TV supports HDR10+ for better brightness, colour, and details.
Coming to the sound quality, the TV sports a 30W speaker, which is better than most TVs in this segment. There are five exclusive sound modes and picture modes for different scenes. Besides, it supports Dolby Audio, micro-dimming, and low blue light emission.
The TV comes with 3 HDMI and 2 USB ports, dual-band Wi-Fi, and 2-way Bluetooth options. You can give voice commands, mirror your phone screen, and get quick access to video streaming apps. The company offers two years of comprehensive warranty on this specification-rich TV.
- It belongs to the budget category with balanced specifications and features.
- The TV comes with a powerful speaker and stunning display quality.
- There are five different modes available for sound and display.
- It sports the latest Android 11 with access to over 5000 apps.
- The processor is not very powerful and not suitable for gaming.
- The installation and after-sales service is not that good.
Also read – Best OLED TV in India
3. VU 50 inches The GloLED Series 4K Smart LED Google TV
VU is a premium TV brand, and this 50-inch TV exceeds most of its competitors in terms of specifications. The display is very similar to other TVs in this segment, where you get 4K resolution, 60Hz refresh rate, and 178-degree wide angle.
The display screen has a 400 Nits Glo Panel, and a Glo AI processor powers it. But it is its audio segment that makes the difference. It sports a powerful 104W DJ audio system with a built-in subwoofer. Thanks to the four speakers, you can experience surround sound with a bass boost.
There are 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band Wi-Fi, and an HDMI eARC port. Among the smart features, you get kids mode, voice search, Google Play Store, and Chromecast. The company provides one year of comprehensive warranty on the TV.
- The display is bright and vibrant with different modes.
- The outstanding audio system makes all the difference.
- It comes with a hands-free mic for voice commands.
- The ambient light sensor adjusts the picture quality perfectly.
- The processor’s performance is not that good.
- The sound can have too much bass at times.
Also read – Best 75 Inch TV in India
4. MI 50 inches 5X Series 4K LED Smart TV
Xiaomi, as a TV brand, has significantly impacted the Indian market with budget smart TVs. This 50-inch TV is a premium TV in terms of price and specifications. It has the standard 4K resolution with a 60Hz refresh rate.
But the combination of Dolby Vision, HDR10+, MEMC, and HLG produces stunning picture quality. The metal bezel-less look enhances its premium feel. The TV sports a solid 40W speaker with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD combination.
It comes with Android 10, and you get a parental control mode, universal search, and Miracast. The TV supports over 16 languages and over 5000 apps, and you can stream over 300 live channels for free. The company offers one year of comprehensive warranty and one additional year on the panel.
- The TV has the best-in-class cinematic picture quality.
- The bezel-less design with a metallic body gives a premium aesthetic.
- 40W stereo speakers ensure an immersive sound experience.
- Outstanding performance with quad-core A55 chip.
- The durability of the product is questionable, going by the reviews.
Also read – Best 65 Inch TV in India
5. Redmi 50 inches 4K Android Smart LED TV
Redmi is a sub-brand of Xiaomi that produces budget-friendly gadgets. Redmi has massive popularity among online users, and this 50-inch TV is no exception. It may not be the cheapest TV on the list, but its specifications match any premium brand.
This TV has a 4K resolution with a 60Hz refresh rate. It supports Dolby Vision along with HDR10+. The exclusive HLG and Reality Flow ensure blur-free and high-quality visuals.
It sports a powerful 30W speaker with Dolby Audio and DTS Virtual. The TV has Android 10, where you get parental control option, curated content, universal search in different languages, and voice search through Google Assistant and Chromecast.
Besides, you get 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports, an eARC Dolby Atmos port, and an optical port. The company offers one year of comprehensive warty and one additional year warranty on the panel.
- The picture quality is outstanding in all different scenes.
- The sound quality is decent and compatible with the Mi Home app.
- There are many ports available for connecting desired devices.
- The smart recommendations are helpful and relatable.
- There is no support available for surround sound.
- The mirroring display can lag sometimes.
Also read – Best Smart TV in India
6. OnePlus 50 inches Y Series 4K Smart LED TV
OnePlus is a famous smartphone brand, but its smart TVs are getting a lot of traction in the Indian market. It is because the premium features and specifications are available at a mid-range price. It is a bezel-less TV with 4K resolution and 1 billion colours.
It sports a decent 24W speaker that supports Dolby Audio. The TV comes with Android 10 and built-in OxygenPlay 2.0, a content aggregator. Besides, there is a built-in Chromecast for mirroring external device screens.
On the connectivity front, there are 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports, and dual-band Wi-Fi. The company offers one year of comprehensive warranty on the product.
- The TV shows AI-powered visuals to optimize display quality.
- You get an exclusive Kids Mode for restricting apps and playtime.
- There is a smart manager that accelerates system speed and clears space.
- The exclusive OxygenPlay and OnePlus Connect ensure unlimited content.
- The sound quality is not as excellent as you would expect.
- The operating system is slightly slow and takes time to boot.
Also read – Best Android TV in India
7. TCL 50 inches 4K Android Smart LED TV
TCL has been in the TV manufacturing industry in India for decades now. This 50-inch TV has 4K UHD resolution and a refresh rate of 60 Hz that ensures decent picture quality. The exclusive TCL Upscaling algorithm optimizes FHD and 2K content into 4K resolution.
Besides, the TV supports HDR 10, micro dimming, and dynamic colour enhancement. It sports a standard 24W output speaker that supports Dolby Audio and Surround Sound. The smart TV has a certified Android P version that supports Google Assistant for voice commands.
The TV supports over 5000 apps, including popular Indian video streaming apps. You will get 3 HDMI ports along with one USB port only. The company offers two years of a comprehensive warranty.
- It comes with a 4K HDR with rich colour enhancement and resolution upscaling.
- The TV sports the latest Android OS with support for unlimited apps.
- It is a complete Made in India product with a high-quality grade panel.
- The TV is budget-friendly, and the after-sales service is quite good.
- The sound quality could have been relatively better.
- It does not have Bluetooth and only one USB port.
Also read – Best 4K TV in India
8. iFFALCON 50 inches 4K Smart LED Google TV
iFFALCON is a relatively new TV brand in the Indian market, but it has been getting traction quite well in its large TV segment. This 50-inch TV falls in the category of budget TV. Like any other 50-inch TV, this one also has a 4K UHD resolution and a 60Hz refresh rate.
You get the standard 178-degree wide viewing angle. The design looks stunning with a metallic bezel-less structure. The TV has HDR 10 for crisp picture quality, allowing you to see more details.
Furthermore, it has a dynamic colour enhancement for various colour displays. The exclusive micro-dimming feature makes viewing more comfortable in the dark. The speaker has 24W output and supports Dolby Audio for decent audio quality.
The smart TV supports dual-band Wi-Fi, screen mirroring, and Google Assistant. There are several video streaming apps pre-installed for Indians. The TV has a backed-up Quad-Core processor, 2GB RAM, and 16GB ROM. The company offers one year of warranty on the product.
- The TV has stunning picture quality and colour reproduction.
- It comes with an automatic micro-dimming for viewing in the dark.
- The TV has a frame-less design for a broader viewing experience.
- There is parental control as well as a home control option.
- The processor is not very powerful, and you can experience lag.
- The after-sales service is not as good as other brands.
Also read – Best 55 Inch in India
9. TOSHIBA 50 inches 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Google TV
TOSHIBA may not be a top TV brand in India, but this 50-inch TV is as good as any 50-inch TV from the top brands. You get 4K resolution and a 60 Hz refresh rate for flawless picture quality.
It sports REGZA Engine 4K for an immersive viewing experience. The colour re-master feature aims at reproducing the original colours of the objects. Besides, it supports Dolby Vision and HDR 10 for better contrast and more explicit images.
It has a powerful 24W speaker that sports Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital. As a smart TV, it supports Google Assistant for voice commands. It is compatible with Chromecast and Miracast for mirroring. Besides, the 50-inch supports all the popular video streaming apps among Indians.
Coming to the connectivity options, you get 3 HDMI and 2 USB ports. The TV supports dual-band Wi-Fi connection as well as Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. While many top brands offer only one year of limited warranty, TOSHIBA provides two years of comprehensive warranty for this TV.
- The TV supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for perfect audio-visual output.
- It comes with automatic Sports and Game modes for an immersive experience.
- There is a wide range of connectivity options for connecting desired devices.
- The TV has a bezel-less ultra-slim design and pure metal stand for elegance.
- The firmware needs to be better, like top TV brands.
- The support team is not always readily available.
Also read – Best QLED TV in India
Buying Guide for the Best 50-Inch TV in India
You should not purchase a TV because it belongs to a renowned brand. There are specific buying parameters based on which you should compare the selected TVs before buying the best one. Here is a complete buying guide to help you decide on the best 50-inch TV in India.
Screen resolution – The higher the screen’s resolution, the sharper and livelier the TV’s picture quality will be. It means the higher the resolution, the better will be the viewing experience.
When purchasing a 50-inch TV with a low budget, the TV should have at least full HD resolution. However, the best screen resolution for a 50-inch TV is 4K UHD. 4K resolution is two times better than full HD.
Sound quality – TV is not just about the picture quality but also the sound quality. The picture quality, along with the sound quality, determines the immersive experience.
The higher the speaker’s wattage, the better the sound output quality will be. Besides, it would be best if you watched out for sound technologies such as Dolby Digital and Surround Sound for a better outcome.
Connectivity options – Every TV set comes with HDMI ports as well as audio ports. You can connect your set-top box easily. However, the number of HDMI ports available matters if you want to connect a soundbar, home theatre, DVD player, or gaming console.
Besides, the availability of USB ports is essential if you want to connect an external hard drive or USB drive. If you are purchasing a smart TV, a Wi-Fi connectivity option and an ethernet port should be available for high-speed internet.
Display type – The most common display type in modern TVs is LED. However, companies have improved upon LED and developed QLED and OLED. In LED display type, back-lit LEDs ensure sharp and clear picture quality.
QLED uses quantum dots for excellent brightness and better colour range. That is why QLED TVs are higher in price than LED. On the contrary, OLED TVs come with better contrast and are very slim compared to LED and QLED TVs.
Warranty – It would be best if you never bought a TV without any warranty. This is because TVs can get damaged in transit; without a warranty, you will not get a replacement.
Besides, if your TV has some manufacturing defects or internal issues, it will likely show in the first few months, and that is when the warranty will come in handy. The higher the warranty period, the better it is for the buyer. Some companies also offer extended warranties for a nominal fee.
Smart features – When purchasing a 50-inch TV, it is likely to be a smart TV. But not all smart TVs have the same smart features.
Therefore, you need to look for innovative features like voice control, phone screen mirroring, wireless soundbar connectivity, internet browsing, and integration with smart home devices. Along with these, you should watch out for the functionalities in the smart remote for your convenience.
FAQs on Best 50 Inch TV in India
Which resolution is best for a 50-inch TV?
As a general rule, the larger the size of the TV, the higher the resolution should be for better picture quality. For a 50-inch TV, the best resolution is 4K Ultra HD (3840px2160p). Almost all popular TV brands have 50-inch TV with 4K UHD resolution in the Indian market.
Which Samsung 50-inch TV is best?
Samsung has quite a few 50-inch TVs in the Indian market, but Samsung 50 inches Crystal 4K Series Ultra HD Smart LED TV stands out. It is the best-selling 50-inch TV for Samsung at present. Its features and specifications are similar to the other popular 50-inch TVs from different brands.
Is OLED better than 4k?
OLED TVs are better than 4k UHD TVs, but OLED technology is best suited for larger TVs beyond 70 inches. It is because OLED offers a wider viewing angle, which is necessary for a large TV. But for 50-inch TVs, 4k UHD is the best resolution.
If you have always wanted to purchase a large TV to enjoy watching movies and matches on a big screen, 50-inch TV is an ideal choice for you. We have handpicked the best 50-inch TV in India from the best brands for your consideration.
We have pointed out their pros and cons so you can decide which is perfect for you. Go through the buying guide to compare the TVs and make the final purchasing decision.