If you are looking for a simple and easy way on how to clean mixer grinder, than you are at the right place.
A kitchen is incomplete without a mixer grinder. Our daily food items like chutneys, juices, etc., cannot be made without a mixer grinder. But, how often are we cleaning the mixer grinders to maintain their performance?
In this guide, we have explained how to clean a mixer grinder. Please have a look at it below.
Different ways to clean mixer grinder
Below are some of the top methods to clean a mixer grinder. You can use any method described below to get a clean and shiny mixer grinder hassle free.
Using vinegar is one of the easiest ways to clean a mixer grinder. Since vinegar is a common kitchen ingredient, You do not need to be stressed about finding out where to get it. Mix water with two tablespoons of vinegar and pour into the mixer jar. Now, mix it well for some time in the jar.
Doing this will remove the hard stains in the jar and remove the bad odour from the mixer jar. Cleaning the mixer grinder using the vinegar at least once or twice a month keeps it in a proper working condition.
Use lemon peels
Lemon peels are one of the quick and cheap ways to clean a mixer grinder. You have to squeeze the full juice out of the lemon and then rub the peel on the lid of the mixer grinder. Also, if you have any stains inside the mixer jar, rub the peel inside. Leave it for 15 minutes, and then wash the mixer jar.
This process will help remove stains and hidden small particles in the jar.
Use baking powder
Baking powder is another common ingredient that you can find in any kitchen, and it removes the odour from the mixer jar and keeps it shining.
Here is what you need to do with the baking powder to clean the mixer grinder:
- Firstly, take two tablespoons of baking powder in a bowl.
- Now, add some water and make it a fine paste.
- Apply this paste both on the mixer grinder jar’s inner surface and outer surface.
- After 15-20 minutes, clean the jar with water.
After cleaning with the baking powder, it will remove even hard stains.
Try liquid detergent
Liquid detergent is most commonly used for cleaning utensils. However, make sure to use a mild detergent to clean the mixer grinder. Put the detergent in the mixer grinder and swirl it for a few seconds. After a while, you will notice foam in the jar.
Now, clean the jar with water and then use a dry cloth to clean the interior of the mixer jar. You will see the glittery surface of the jar (both in and out), and the stains are entirely removed.
If you get a pungent smell from the mixer grinder, cleaning through alcohol is the best option. Here is how you can do the cleaning with alcohol:
- Firstly, take some water and put alcohol in it.
- In this solution, dip the mixer grinder jar for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the jar from the alcohol solution and then rinse it under running water.
- After cleansing, immediately wipe the mixer jar with a dry cloth to remove the watermarks and the alcohol smell.
- Now, dry it out for some time by placing it in an isolated place.
With this cleaning method, you will not only find the jar shining but also unwanted tiny particles, stains, etc., are removed.
Tips to keep your mixer grinder clean
- After every use, it is recommended to clean the mixer jar thoroughly.
- Always place the grinder on a flat surface to not shake during the operation.
- Make sure the mixer jar is not overloaded.
- Do not put hot ingredients in the mixer.
- Do not grind continuously. Give short breaks.
- Do not put the jar in the refrigerator.
- Apply grease/oil to the blades regularly for smooth operation.
How to clean a mixer grinder jar?
Cleaning the mixer grinder jar inside is very easy. All the methods mentioned above show the best ways to clean the inside of the mixer jar. However, the major challenge comes when you want to clean the bottom part of the mixer jar. Here is how you can do it:
- Add baking soda to the white vinegar and put the bottom part of the mixer jar in it.
- Leave it for the entire night so that stains and gunk get loosened up.
- In the morning, try to use a soft toothbrush and clean up the bottom of the jar.
How to clean the mixer grinder body?
You can clean the body of the mixer grinder easily. For this, use a dry cloth to clean the external body. But before that, try to use detergent, alcohol, or vinegar to clean the outer body of the mixer grinder. Once done with the washing part, it is recommended to clean the mixer grinder jar with a dry cloth. You can also use instant stain cleaners to remove the stains from the mixer grinder body.
How to clean mixer grinder blades?
Trying to clean the blades of the mixer grinder with bare hands can be risky. You can use any above solutions like mixing water with vinegar, alcohol, or baking powder and swirl it in the jar, and it cleans the gunk built up in the blades and the internal part of the jar.
You can also clean the blades by detaching them with the plastic knife provided with the mixer grinder. With the help of this, you can unscrew the blades, clean them thoroughly, and fix them.
Mixer grinders are one of the essential kitchen appliances that help preparing your food. You must have to clean and maintain your mixer grinder for its long life and trouble free operation.
If you struggle to follow “how to clean mixer grinder”, you can pick any of the above methods and clean the mixers yourself.